IWRA XVI World Water Congress
The XVIth World Water Congress “Bridging Science and Policy” will be held in Cancun, Mexico. The World Water Council will convene and participate in the following sessions:
- Monday 29 May 2017, 09.30 – 12.20: President Braga will give the opening remarks at the XVI IWRA World Water Congress Opening Ceremony.
- Monday 29 May 2017, 12.40 – 14.10: The World Water Council is convening a high-level paner entitled “Water and the SDGs”. The Panel will be moderated by Governor Torkil Jønch Clausen. Among the panelists there will be Bureau Member Karin Krchnak, and Governor José Carrera.
- Tuesday 30 May 2017, 09.00 – 10.30: The World Water Council, in collaboration with the Latin America Development Bank-CAF, is co-convening a special session entitled “Making investments on multi-purpose water infrastructure fit to finance”. President Braga was invited to make the opening remarks.
- Tuesday 30 May 2017, 09.00 – 10.30: Korea Water Resources Corporation will convene a special session entitled “Smart Water Management (SWM): Bridge to WGG & SDGs ‐ the technological innovation needed for “Water for all”.
- Tuesday 30 May 2017, 10.50 – 12.20: The World Water Council Task Force on Climate will convene a High-Level Panel entitled “Water and Climate”. Vice President Dogan Altinbilek will chair the Panel, while Cecilia Tortajada will moderate it. A signing of the book ‘Increasing Resilience to Climate Variability and Change’ by its authors on the World Water Council's booth will follow (Expo area –Booths n°7 and 8).
- Tuesday 30 May, 15.30-17.00: Vice President Dogan Altinbilek will participate in the Special session S5-61 “COP22's legacy: Implementing the Global Climate Action Agenda in the water sector”, organized by INBO.
- Tuesday 30 May, 17.20-18.50: Executive Director Tom Soo will chair a session on “Water Policy and Governance”.
- Wednesday 31 May 2017, 12.40-14.10: The World Water Council’s IWRM Task Force will convene a High-Level Panel on IWRM. President Braga will be among the panelists.
- Wednesday 31 May 2017, 15.30‐18.50: The World Water Council, in collaboration with the Secretariat of the 8th World Water Forum, is organizing a special session entitled “Bridging Stakeholders’ Knowledge and the 8th World Water Forum Thematic Framework”. The special session will gather the Thematic Process coordinators and other interested stakeholders to develop together the Forum Thematic program at a more detailed level. President Braga will give the opening remarks.
- Friday 2 June 2017: Executive Director Tom Soo will speak at the special session “World Water Data Initiative”.
- All week: Come and meet the World Water Council and 8th World Water Forum - Expo area, booths n°7 and 8.