7th World Water Forum, Daegu & Gyeongbuk 2015
Water for our future
The 7th edition of the world’s largest water event will gather participants from the international water community: academics, research institutions, enterprises, professional networks, governments and policy-makers, IGOs and NGOs, as well as representatives from various fields such as agriculture, food or energy.
World Water Council activities and events at the 7th World Water Forum
The 7th World Water Forum will focus on the implementation of the solutions that were identified during the 6th edition (Marseille, France, 2012).
The legacy the 7th World Water Forum will therefore include:
- Moving from Solutions to Implementation
- Bridging the Platform of Science & Technology to Water Issues
- Ensuring a significant place for water in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Necessitating two years of collaborative preparation with stakeholders from around the world, the Forum consists of 4 preparatory processes within a common framework, so as to catalyze collective action and positive change.
These processes are Regional, Political, Thematic as well as Science and Technology. The Thematic process, overarching backbone of the Forum, is built according to 4 goals and tools:
- Water Security for All
- Water for Development and Prosperity
- Water for Sustainability: Harmonizing Humans and Nature
- Constructing Feasible Implementation Mechanisms
The 7th World Water Forum will also be composed of cultural events, a Water Showcase, the World Water Challenge, water prize ceremonies, side events, a water exhibition and fair, as well as a Citizen’s Forum, including a Youth and Children’s Forum, to raise citizens’ awareness in favor of water.
The 7th World Water Forum is jointly organized by the World Water Council and the Republic of Korea together with the city of Daegu and the Province of Gyeongbuk.
Meet us at
World Water Council pavilion
EXCO HALL 1 (1st Floor) booth N° A-340
World Water Council information desk
- In Daegu: Jasmin HWANG - +82 105 777 1649 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Gyeongju: Danna YUN - +82 104 433 0321 - email@example.com
- English Speaking: Roisin MILLER - +44 795 078 3428 - firstname.lastname@example.org - @roisinmiller
- French Speaking: Daniel da COSTA - +33 607 429 272 - email@example.com - @eldanifcp
For any queries regarding Forum organisation please contact the seventh World Water Forum secretariat