Working with the World Water Council
Job Vacancy: Communications Coordinator
Reporting to: World Water Council Directors
Contract: Full Time – CDI
The World Water Council is an international multi-stakeholder platform organization whose mission is to mobilize action on critical water issues at all levels, including the highest decision-making level, by engaging people in debate and challenging conventional thinking. The Council focuses on the political dimensions of water security, adaptation and sustainability.
The World Water Council is seeking to hire an experienced professional to undertake and coordinate the Council’s actions on communications, Press and Public Relations. The Communications Coordinator is expected to support the achievement of the Council’s strategic objectives, in close relation with the Council’s teams, through effective, coordinated and balanced communications efforts (traditional, digital and other). This will require solid teamwork and a hands-on approach.
- Craft and refine existing and future communications strategies of the World Water Council in alignment with its triennial strategy
- Draft and implement effective workplans in order to realize successful outcomes for the communications strategy
- Develop and assure high quality communications products and services (written, visual, multimedia and other)
- Manage and coordinate media campaigns in collaboration with the external media agency for dissemination of Council messages
- Develop and coordinate campaigns in alignment with the activities of the Council
- Coordinate small team of communications experts and third-party contractors to deliver high quality and timely results
- Work effectively with the World Water Council Communications Task Force and related instances
Due to evolving priorities within the World Water Council strategy, the candidate must be flexible in terms of allocation of complementary tasks.
- Master’s in communications, journalism, environment or water related fields, social or political sciences or international relations
- Minimum 7 years working experience in related domains
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of communications and press relations sectors
- Experience in working within complex, international multi-stakeholder landscape
- Understanding of water issues and international politics
- Knowledge of French and/or other languages
Interested candidates who meet the selection requirements are requested to send their curriculum vitae and a cover letter in English. This letter should explain the candidate’s experience with carrying out the above tasks and his/her fulfillment of the specified qualifications. The candidates should present the names and contact details of 3 references, including one recent employer. Applications can only be done through e-mail and should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The World Water Council routinely seeks motivated and highly skilled interns to join our team in Marseille. Internships provide a unique opportunity to contribute to the Council’s priority areas of activity, while learning about the international water community. Internships are currently being offered to those who can work in Europe (France) for a minimum of three months and who meet the following criteria:
Policy and Programs internships
Interns will support the Policy and Programs pole in a general manner.
Experience/knowledge of the right to water and sanitation, water security, climate change or water-related disasters would be particularly useful. Participation in a previous World Water Forum would also be helpful.
Skills are sought in program coordination support, task management and synthesis of outcomes and follow-up, communications and logistical support, with flexibility to multi-task in a high-paced environment.
Candidate should be seeking a Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in an area such as international studies, political science, international development, etc. and must be currently enrolled in an educational program that can enter into an internship agreement with an outside entity.
English language ability is required and proficiency in French is desirable.
Applications for this position are closed.
Remuneration: salary for internships in accordance with French law