The World Water Council (WWC) is an international organization that promotes sustainable water management worldwide. It has more than 350 members, including governments, non-governmental organizations, businesses, professional networks and research institutes from nearly 60 countries.
Every three years, the World Water Council (WWC) organizes the World Water Forum with more than 20,000 participants from all over the world.
The World Water Council multicultural and dynamic headquarters in Marseille, France, employs highly motivated people and is looking for a Press Relations and Communication Officer.
PRESS RELATIONS & COMMUNICATION OFFICER
Working time: 100%
Venue: Headquarters of the World Water Council, Marseille, France
Hierarchy: Cabinet of the President
Working languages: English and French
Similar international experience of at least 10 years required
Within the President's Cabinet, the Press Relations and Communication Officer (PRCO) is responsible for the conception and production of press relations and communication actions on all aspects related to the World Water Council communication and provides support to the World Water Forum Communication Team.
Among the PRCO tasks:
1. Press Relations
- Contact point and operational press officer of the World Water Council, in charge of proposing and implementing editorial contents to the international specialized and generalist media.
- Creation and updating of active media contact files
- Regular distribution of editorial content to media contacts
- Monthly reporting
- Coordination, supervision, and monitoring of outsourced specialist press officers, if necessary
2.1 Institutional communication
- Implementation of the communication strategy of the WWC including regular reporting and action plans.
- Production of written communication materials and supervision of their dissemination (newsletters, brochures, reports, etc.).
- Production of audiovisual tools, photos and multimedia materials to communicate about the WWC.
- Production of the WWC promotional tools (stands, kakemonos, etc.).
- Coordination of communication agencies, media, printers, editors, and translators.
2.2 Digital Communication
- Editorial webmaster: Management and updating of the website content in conjunction with the IT manager.
- Social networks: Management and updating of social network content in conjunction with the IT manager (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, LinkedIn, YouTube).
- Monthly reporting on web activity and social networks.
3. World Water Forum
- Contact Point of the World Water Council for its communication at the World Water Forum
- Regular relations with the Forum Secretariat: advice, reporting and supervision
The best candidate will provide:
- A minimum bachelor's degree + 4 or equivalent in communication or journalism.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience as a communications officer who has worked at an international level.
- Proven ability to work on a wide variety of tasks, activities, and projects.
- A rigorous approach to work.
- A proven ability to work effectively in real time.
- Excellent use of French and English.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Excellent software and computer skills and the use of a wide variety of digital tools.
- Availability for international travel.
Interested candidates who meet the selection requirements are requested to send their curriculum vitae and a letter of motivation in English. This letter should explain the candidate’s experience with carrying out the above tasks and his/her fulfilment of the specified qualifications. The candidates need to present the names and contact details of 3 references, including one recent employer. Applications can only be done through e-mail and should be sent no later than 31 January 2021:
Mrs. Valerie Bistagne, Secretary General of the World Water Council