Ongoing and Members initiatives
Members have always been instrumental in creating opportunities for the World Water Council to create impact through specific initiatives.
More specifically, the 2012-2015 cycle saw the signature of an MoU with K-Water around the role of technology in smart water management, and the proposal for creating a World Water System Heritage program, in addition to substantive work on food security.
Actions and outputs projected in the 2016-2018 Strategic Plan
- Work with members to develop member-led initiatives that will directly support Signature Initiatives of the Council
- Integrate, through existing communication platforms, a diversity of member perspectives on water security and sustainability
- Work with members to increase visibility and impact of political engagement regionally, in both bilateral and multi-lateral forums
- Reach out to new members to strengthen the strategic position of the Council
- 3-5 annual member-led initiatives, in which the Council’s wider membership is engaged to produce specific outcomes