Integrating World Water Forums
After 7th World Water Forum’s emphasis on implementation and continuity was identified as a high priority, in particular the creation of Implementation Roadmaps housed within the Action Monitoring System and the signing of the Daegu-Gyeongbuk Implementation Commitment by Champion organizations.
The desire to further collaboration on follow-up mechanisms for the 7th Forum was formalized by the signature of a Memorandum of Understanding with the Korea Water Forum on 23 August 2015 in Stockholm.
Actions and outputs projected in the 2016-2018 Strategic Plan
- Provide oversight, monitoring, and reporting of Implementation Roadmaps and publish a report every six months
- Work with Implementation Roadmap champions to integrate actions into the Sustainable Development Goals
- Host, with partners, an annual review of Implementation Roadmaps
- Develop mechanisms to track the public commitments made by political actors during successive World Water Forums
- An informal network of former World Water Forum host countries to provide experience and guidance
- A strong network of organizations to support continual progress and collective action for water, both inside and outside of the water box
- Ongoing review and reporting on Forum outputs to create a smooth transition from the 7th to the 8th Forum