The World Water Council believes that, in order to effectively conserve, protect, develop, manage and utilise this vital resource, it is essential to encourage and strengthen multi-stakeholder, multi-disciplinary and cross-sectoral exchange and dialogue.
In order to impact water-related actions positively, all perspectives need to be considered in ongoing reflection and debate to ensure a water-secure future for the world.
For this reason, and in response to increasing concern from the global community about world water issues, the World Water Council was created by a number of key water institutions in 1996 as a membership organisation representing and federating the great diversity of water stakeholders.
By Joining the Council, organisations working or concerned by water-related issues benefit from:
- Be part of an international platform which offers opportunities to exchange knowledge and experience with others and to establish multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Stay informed on recent water community news and events through Council and Forum publications.
- Benefit from financial advantages, such as discounts on Forum registration fees and the Water Policy Journal.
- Make their voice heard: Contribute to improving understanding between stakeholders, while enabling new ideas on water policy to surface.
- Gain worldwide exposure for their organisations' actions by
utilising the Council’s name, logo and communication tools and
by participating in the Council’s activities.
- Through the Council and the World Water Forum, influence Ministers, Parliamentarians and Mayors to develop sound water-related policies and to give greater priority to water in the political agenda.
- Play an active role in determining strategies for the Council and the World Water Forum through supporting the implementation of programmes and activities.
- Adhere to a worldwide movement defending the cause of water and commit to supporting the World Water Council’s mission.
King Hassan II Great World Water Prize
This prestigious Prize (US$ 100,000) is awarded to an institution, organization, individual or group of individuals in honor of their outstanding achievements in any aspects of water resources.