How to apply
The candidature process for the Kyoto World Water Grand Prize is now closed. The next edition of the Prize is scheduled for 2008-9.
Any individual or organization is eligible for the Prize, with the following exceptions:
- National and local governments;
- Commercial corporations;
- Members of the Secretariat of the 4th World Water Forum;
- Members of the Secretariat of the World Water Council;
- Members of the Secretariat of the Japan Water Forum;
- Members of the International Organizing Committee of the 4th World Water Forum;
- Members of the Bureau of the World Water Council;
- Members of the Prize Committee;
- Members of the International Panel of Judges.
Criteria for Evaluating Water Actions
Proposals submitted were evaluated according to the following criteria:
- A brief and clear description of the water problem in question and the solution implemented;
- The impact of the activity in alleviating or eradicating the water problem;
- Involvement and contribution of all types of stakeholders to implement or design the activity;
- Commitment to pursuing the activity or following it up;
- Originality or innovative ideas for unsolved problems;
- Potential for replication;
- Link with the thematic content of the Forum.