Association of the Friends of Ibrahim Adb El Al
Association of the Friends of Ibrahim Abd El Al - AFIAL
(College 4 - Civil society organisations and water user associations)
About the organization
AFIAL is a member of the Lebanese Parliamentarian Committee on Water and Energy issues. Their principal activities are:
- Projects (partner in the Mediterranean Dialogue on framing sustainability in water policy evaluation; involved, as a sub contractor for the Litani River Authority; partner in the project “Hydro Agricultural Development for Marjeyoun Area”; project «Towards an Ecosystem Approach to the Sustainale Management of the Litani river»
- Lectures : AFIAL regularly organizes lectures on topics and issues related to water and energy. It publishes the texts of these valuable lectures in book form.
- Trips: AFIAL organizes field trips, since 1996 and on a yearly basis (for senior schools and universities students) to the Litani River Projects.
- Awareness Campaigns in order to draw attention to the value of water and the problems related to it.
- Stickers, Documentary Film, TV spots
- Training and Workshops: As part of its capacity building activities, AFIAL organizes, on a yearly basis, training sessions for engineering and agriculturel students in the power plants and the pilot agricultural projects linked to the Litani River Projects
About the Governor representative
Iman ADB EL AL
Expert in mass communications. Public Relation Liaison Officer at AFIAL responsible for the organization of the awareness campaigns, and eduction, capacity building programs at AFIAL.
About the Alternate representative
Civil Engineer : Ecole Supérieure d'Ingénieurs de Beyrouth (ESIB) 1952. Civil Engineer: Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées de Paris (ENPC) 1954. General Manager of a Consultant Engineer Office specialized in hydraulics and dams and working since 1961 in Lebanon and in the different countries of the Arab region and of Africa.