Asociación Nacional de Empresas de Agua y Saneamiento de México, A.C – ANEAS, México
(College 3 - Enterprises and Facilities)
About the organization
The National Association of Water and Sanitation Companies in Mexico is a civil organization, legally constituted in the year 1981. Its primary objective is to agglutinate Water Utilities as well as Water Supply and Sanitation Companies. To this date it has more than 700 associates. The objectives of the organization among other are, to represent its associates before the different government instances and levels, attending matters involving:
-Service rate calculation
-Organization and development of curses and workshops for operative and directive personal
-Intervention before the National Congress, Senate and local authorities
Fields of expertise and activities: Research or/and Assessment, Water supply or/and Sanitation, Water Resources Management, Human Basic Needs or/and Health, Regulation or/and Governance, Environment or/and Ecosystems.
About the Governor representative
Civil engineer graduated from Instituto Politécnico Nacional (IPN) and High School of Engineering and Architecture, has a Master’s degree in Civil Service and Social Communication by the INAP (Institute of Public Administration of Mexico), and other diplomas in areas such as Social Communications, Public Finances and Human Resources Management.
Since 1991 he has been working in the water and sanitation sector, and also been involved in the development of programs and courses related to water resources. His activities in the public service began at the Deputy Secretary of Environment improvement of the Minister of Health (SSA), where he took various charges. On legislative service, he was adviser and Technical Secretary of the Congress and Senate’s Commissions. Member of the College of Civil Engineers in Mexico, he was Executive Director of the Federation of Colleges of Civil Engineers and Director of the Mexican Society of Engineers. He collaborated in the preparation and development of the 4th World Water Forum as a member of the International Steering Committee.
Currently he is the Director General of the National Association of Water and Sanitation Utilities in Mexico (ANEAS), Director General of the Association of Regulatory Entities of Americas (ADERASA), Coordinator of the Americas Water Forum (AWF), Director of the Water Operator Partnerships (WOP’s) Programme Mexico, Coordinator of the Latin American Association of Water and Sanitation (ALAS), and Governor of the World Water Council (WWC).
About the Alternate representative
David KORENFELD FEDERMAN
• Ph.D. and M.A. in Administration, Anahuac University
• B.A. in Law, Anahuac University.
• Certification of “Political Analysis”, Iberoamericana University.
• M.A. in Business Administration, Heriott Watt University (in curse).
Positions by general election and in the public administration
• Current Secretary of Water and Public Works of the State of Mexico Government.
• Mayor of the Huixquilucan Municipality, State of Mexico 2003 – 2006.
• General Director of the Commission for the Regularization of the Payment of the State of Mexico (CRESM) 2001-2002.
Experience working in water
• Member of the Water Commission of the National Governors’ Conference (CONAGO), representing the government of the State of Mexico.
• Current President of the National Association of Water and Sanitation Utilities of Mexico (ANEAS).
• Current President of the Directive Council of the State of Mexico Water Commission (CAEM).
• President of the Metropolitan Area Water and Sewerage Commission (CADAM).
• President of the Association of Regulatory Entities of the Americas (ADERASA)
• Past-President of the Administrative Council of “Aguas de Huixquilucan”, 2003-2006.