Dolsar Engineering Limited - DOLSAR engineering
Office national de l'eau potable - ONEP, Morocco
(College 3 - Enterprises and Facilities)
About the organization
The Office National de l'eau potable is a public organisation in charge of drinking water supply planning on national scale; studies, implementation and management of drinking water conveyances; management of water distribution on behalf of the communes; technical assistance in terms of water quality monitoring; pollution control of waters liable to be used for human consumption; studies, with the collaboration of concerned ministries, of projects' legal reglementary texts necessary for the fulfillment of its task; sanitation studies in centers where office ensures water distribution on behalf of the communes; actively taking part in the studies of Sanitation Master Plan big towns at the national scale; training sessions organization of others.
Fields of expertise and activities: Water Supply or Sanitation
About the Governor representative
Ali FASSI FIHRI, General Director
Ph D. in Energetics (Paris VII-Aix Marseille III)
Professional Career :Professor-researcher at Ecole Nationale de l'Industrie Minérale (ENIM), Head of Laboratoire d'Energétique Solaire de l'ENIM (L.E.S) in 1983, General Director of Centre de Développement des Energies renouvelables (CDER).
- 1994 : member of Comité de Direction de l'Office National d'Electricité (ONE). Deputy general Director of ONE, he was in charge of Development and Programmes including Commercial and Marketing Directions, Techniques and Engineering, Planification and Strategy, and Rural Electrification. In 1994, he also directed the Jorf Lasfar Project, first project in BOT (Built Operate & Transfer) in Morocco, and the Eolian Park Project of Koudia Al Baïda, as principal negociator of the agreements related to the project.
- 2001 : nominated General Director of ONEP by His Royal Majesty; Chairman of AMEPA (Association Marocaine de l'Eau Potable et de l'Assainissement/ Moroccan Association for Fresh Water and Sanitation). This professional association includes ONEP, public and private suppliers (Régies, Lydec, Redal and Amendis).
- Member of Permanent Committee of Hassan II Prize which is an initiative of both WWC and the kingdom of Morocco.
- Administrator of the Mohammed VI foundation for the environment.
- President of the Scientific Committee "Gestion des Ressources en Eau" (Management of Water Ressources) of the World Congress on nuclear desalination.
- Member of the Strategic Committee of the Institut d'Analyse Economique et des Etudes Prospectives (IEAPS) (Institute of Economic Analysis and Prospective Studies) of Al Akhawayn at Ifrane.
- Member of the executive committee of IWA (International Water Association). He was the president of the IWA Congress held in Marrakech in September 2004.
(Member of IWA, IME, African Water Association, IWRA, French Water Academy)
About the Alternate representative
Civil Engineer, specialized in Environment, Ecole Mohammedia d'Ingénieurs (Mohammedia School of Engineers) (Rabat), June 1980.
Professional Career :
- Since June 2003 : Director of Assainissement et Environnement (DAE) (Drainage and Environment)
- Feb. 2001 to May 2001 : Representative of General Director for the implementation of the ONEP new strategy and of the reorganization of the Office.
- Feb. 2000-Feb. 2001 : in charge of the Project "National Study on Pricing/rates of Fresh Water and Sanitation"
- June 1992-Nov. 1999 : Principal Engineer at the Direction of Services of Environment and Sanitation (DSEA, Département of Val de Marne/Parisian Region, France).
- July 1980-Nov. 1985 : in charge of general studies on Fresh Water Supply at the Planificationa and Development Department (ONEP, Morocco)