How to Enter
Applications for the 2012 King Hassan II Great World Water Prize shall be submitted no later than 31 August 2011. The Nomination Form duly signed with the complete file will be sent to the Prize Secretariat by mail,by email or by fax:
World Water Council
Secretariat of the King Hassan II Great World Water Prize
Espace Gaymard - 2-4 Place d’Arvieux
13002 Marseille – France
Fax: (33) 04 91 99 41 01
The following criteria are taken into consideration for the selection of suitable candidates:
1. The Prize rewards the excellency and distinguished achievements of the candidate in the fields relating to the theme of the Prize: cooperation and sound management in the development and use of water resources.
2. Candidates must be nominated by at least two individuals and/or organizations who have a perfect knowledge of the qualities of the candidates and his/her projects. Candidates are not allowed to nominate themselves.
3. Each nomination must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae (3 pages maximum) and a detailed description, explaining the reasons why the nominee's work and accomplishments should be considered as an outstanding contribution to the field of the theme of the Prize.
4. The documents attached to the nomination form must demonstrate the direct involvement of the nominee in the work and achievements submitted to the evaluation of the Panel of Judges.
5. The Prize will be awarded to the individuals and/or organizations which will have been recognized by the Panel of Judges as having:
- Provided a significant and distinguished contribution to the improvement of water resources management
- Contributed intellectually, scientifically or politically to raising awareness, improving management, the cooperation and solidarity for the cause of water.
Additional requirements :
- Candidates may not have been involved in recent competition for other water-related prizes.
- The nominators are required to complete a nomination form providing contact details of the Nominators and the Candidate.
Proposals are approved by the Prize Committee, then forwarded to the Panel of Judges. No preference is given to the candidates' nationality, race, sex, language, profession or religion.