8 November: #ClimateIsWater
The Council is working with the #ClimateIsWater partners within the climate discussions throughout the COP22. A new website will be launched for the occasion. The Council is engaged in two side-events co-organized with #ClimateIsWater partners in the Green Zone, on 8 November:
- Capitalizing on water and multistakeholder engagement for successful implementation of the Paris Agreement (Room 9 Green Zone). Convening partners include: SIWI, AGWA, among others.
- Improve stakeholder engagement in decision making to combat extreme flood and drought Impacts of Climate Change (Room 9 Green Zone). Convening partners include: UNESCO-IHP, IWA, and SIWI, among others.
A #ClimateIsWater cocktail will be organized at the Council's stand at 5 P.M.
The Council is also engaged in the event entitled "Coping with water scarcity in agriculture: a global framework for action in a changing climate" at 3 P.M, Triple A Site.
9 November: the Global Climate Action Day for Water
The Council is a co-facilitator for the Action Day for Water 9 November (Atlantic Room, Blue Zone), together with the French and Moroccan governments- the COP21 and COP22 Presidencies, as well as INBO. This day is dedicated to the water sector, to discuss the relationship between water issues and climate change-positioning and to raise its profile in the relevant negotiations. This conference day aims particularly to:
- Launch new water initiatives: “Water for Africa“, “The Parliamentary initiative”, and “The Delta Coalition”;
- Provide an update on water related initiatives launched earlier;
- Submit a new proposal to the UNFCCC, bringing new engagements and improving the existing financial mechanisms;
- Enable dialogue between the Parties and the Non Parties around various topics related to water and climate change.
Detailed program of the day here
16 November: 8th World Water Forum event
An 8th World Water Forum event will be organized at the Brazilian Pavilion on 15 November, 3:20 P.M.
17 November: High-level event on Global Climate Action
The Council as co-facilitator of the Action Day for Water, will participate in the presentation of the key outcomes and messages to the Global Climate Action Champions, Minister Hakima El Haite, and Ambassador Laurence Tubiana. They will then present their summary in plenary to Governments on 18 November.